HFN were appointed as Principle Contractor for this contract.
Project Value £105,000
The contract was split into two number sites, West Mede Shopping Centre and Four Closes Square
West Mede Shopping Centre
- Site clearance of extensive site furniture, litter bins, concrete bollards, removal of existing hard pavings, concrete slabs, clay bricks and cobbles
- New paving and edging to comprise macadam and concrete setts were then undertaken
- Formation of new planting beds including excavation and topsoiling followed
- Shrub and bulb planting
- Installation of new litter bins and bollards
Four Closes Square
- Removal of existing tarmac paving
- New paving comprising concrete slabs, coloured macadam and resin bonded gravel works were undertaken
- The installation of proprietary landscape drain system was then constructed to match existing concrete block paving
- A planting scheme involving a matrix of trees including installation of metal tree guards, an underground anchor system and irrigation piping was then undertaken
The site works were completed within a timed programme and within the client’s budget.